Linda Loses It...My Weight Loss Journey

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Almost two months later...

Of course, I've been terrible and not posted. Thank goodness my friend, Christina, mentioned me in her new weight loss blog, because that gave me incentive to come and update mine.

There is NO reason that I don't need to still be accountable for what I'm doing.

Well, it's been almost two months and I should have come written, because it was a really slow time in my weight loss. I was becoming discouraged and upset for I was doing all of the right things and I just wasn't seeing the weight come off as it did in my earlier months of my journey.

First, I know that any loss is a good loss. But I will admit, when I was used to seeing anywhere from 1.5 - 3 pounds a week, a 0.2 loss seems so disappointing. And that wasn't just one week, there were several of them. And even a couple of small gains as well.

One thing that I figured out was that I had become a bad at journaling. After Christmastime, I would write everything down when I was at work, but the times I was home, I was really bad at writing down what I was eating. This is very bad. Very, very bad. Because you really don't know if you are over-indulging or even possibly under-eating. (Which I have had times in the past where I didn't eat enough and that slowed down weight loss as well).

After I had three birthday party celebrations in a row at the end of March, I decided I NEEDED to be super-good the following week and started to journal again. Good journaling. Writing everything down. I've continued so far and I'm back on track. Fingers crossed, I'm going to stay this way again for a while too. I've had decent weight losses the last 4 weigh ins and I'm so excited that I'm back on my way to my goal.

I've still got 28.2 pounds to go until I reach my ultimate goal. I haven't place a specific date or time frame that I want to accomplish this in. Maybe when I get closer I will do that, but at this point I figure time is going to pass no matter what and I will get there, so why beat myself up if I don't make a "goal date". But in the fun of making it fun, it'd be nice to have a friendly little bet with myself. At this point, I just don't know how long is suffice enough time to do it in. I'd love to say 3 months, but at 10 pounds a month in the homestretch, it seems to be asking a lot of my body. So, as we get closer we will see when that goal date will be.

Oh my, I've written a book. And if there are any readers, I bet you are only bearing with me to hear my numbers...LOL.

In my 46th week of being a part of Weight Watchers, I'm down 78 pounds! Can I get a WOOT, WOOT??

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Congrats Linda! Any small change is still progress. I'm at it again, after we moved into our new house and have lost 8 lbs so far. I feel like I'm stalled right now, but I'll just keep at it. I forgot my password to my weightloss blog, but as soon as I remember it, I'll update frequently! jdsloseit.blogspot.com or my regular one jaimeschechter.blogspot.com.

    I hadn't been on here in a while, so it's good to see you're doing so well.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/26/2007 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home