Linda Loses It...My Weight Loss Journey

Sunday, June 17, 2007

No kidding...

So, it's been a month?!? Where is this time going?!?

I really have been super busy and I do intend to post on my other blog to update! I want to update everyone on my weight loss progress so far, since it's been so long...

Well, this past month has been a month of ups and downs. I am actually FINALLY under that 200 mark!! I'm SO freakin' excited that I passed that imaginary line that exists somewhere in the back of my brain.

When I first joined WW, I had sat in on a truly inspiring story of a woman who had lost 100 pounds in about a year. (Give or take a few weeks). She was (and still is) my first big inspiration, (with many other women to follow). She wrote a few articles and was actually even published on the WW website. When she joined WW, she weighed exactly one pound less than I did when I joined. I felt that if she could lose 100 pounds in one year, so could I and thus started my journey. Well, last week I had my one year anniversary for WW and I did not hit my goal. I'm actually quite far from it. As of last week I had hit 81 pounds (um, because of a gain) and I was a little bit bummed. I was racking my brain with thoughts of what I've done wrong or what else I could have done better. I've thought that maybe I'm getting a little too comfortable in my skin. I felt that there were times I could have done better, but didn't. I was just down about it, because it became just another "goal" that I didn't meet. (There have been a lot of them lately).

I've been thinking that the summer would help me more. I'd be out and about and playing with the girls and going to the parks and for walks and such. What I didn't think about it how hard it is to track things when you've got numerous cookouts, graduation parties, festivals and other activities all the time. I also didn't realize when you are on the go more, it makes it MUCH harder to track all the time. I forget. I forget to write it down. I forget what I've eaten. I forget how many points are in those cookies, chips, cake..whatever....

And while I'm really not disappointed in myself, I'm just disappointed in the thought it was another goal missed. Another "something" that I took the time to think about and even sometimes with a calculator, sat and figured out math to make sure it was a feasible goal.

And where or where am I going with this??? I honestly don't even know.

I'm at 197.6 as of yesterday morning. I've got 17.4 pounds until I reach the 100 lb loss mark and I've got 23.6 pounds until I reach the top of my healthy weight range for WW. When I look at those numbers, I know I've done spectacular!! I know that I'm on the right track and that something is working out right. I'm totally proud of myself for where I've come though this process and I know that time is going to happen no matter what. Mine as well always make the best of it and take each day as a new one.

Oh and one last thing to answer me if you will...What the hell am I supposed to say to people when they tell me I'm wasting away to nothing? That I'm vanishing into thin air? That I don't need to lose anymore weight? Can't people just tell me that I look fabulous and I will return and say "you are so sweet, thank you"....Because I swear 197 pounds is NOT the weight of air or the weight of "nothing". Because I do still have 23.6 pounds until I'm even in my healthy weight range....and a size 14/16 pant is still considered plus sized....

And I'm really not bi-polar. It seems as this post was up, and then down and then up again and then down for the close. Really, I'm normal...LOL!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Don't you love how the very same people who tell you that you NEED to lose weight and the same ones that come back with the "wasting away" comments. It's jealousy, pure and simple.

    You need to post some new pics. I love before and after ones (hint, hint).

    You go girl. I can't believe your almost at 100lbs lost, that's amazing!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/26/2007 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home